As the world knows it is crazy-time with elections in the USA, on this TMI Tuesday. Today’s questions were created by Recusen and little ol’ me. There are many types of elections–student council, city government, civic club boards, union leadership, executive boards, Homeowners Associations, and more.
Refer to any type of recent elections as you answer the following questions.
1. I think more favorably about a candidate who has family, such as a spouse and kid(s)
True or False
Other than the fact it proves at least one other person liked the candidate well enough to fuck them and has some relevance showing their willingness to take responsibility for the base fruits of their burning lust.
2. I am more likely to support a candidate who has my same religious beliefs?
True or False
People believe the strangest things. As long as they are tolerant of other people's strange beliefs and do not have the perverse and violent inclination that only they know the truth and others must convert or die; believe on you crazy cosmic muffins.
3. I am skeptical of anyone running for any type of office if they are devoutly religious. a. I agree
b. I somewhat agree
Define "devout" and how such devotion manifests itself in said cosmic muffin candidate.
c. I disagree
4. If a candidate has a sex scandal, I will not vote for them. a. True
Scandal schmandel. But if it was violent and non consensual that would be a scandal of a different colour.
5. If a candidate was involved in a sex scandal more than a decade ago:
a. I don’t care, it will not affect my view of the candidate
But I repeat myself when I am under stress. "Scandal schmandel. But if it was violent and non consensual that would be a scandal of a different colour. "
b. Scandal is scandal, I cannot support that candidate c. Everyone has sex, sex is not scandalous, I don’t care about a candidate’s sex life d. For me to be swayed by a candidate’s sex scandal it would have to be something huge, heinous and against humanity
6. I like when candidates call each other names and get into negative verbal sparring. a. Yes – It’s exciting to know the dirt
b. No – It’s a waste of time, I learn nothing about either candidate
7. Do you vote? Why or why not?
Yeppers. Voted a week ago and my mind was made up long before that.
8. When it comes to campaign ads, which kind do you respond to:
a. Negative ads b. Positive ads
I am well aware of the perniciousness of advertising. I would say I ignore it but our monkey brains absorb all messages and despite our best efforts all messages are given equal weight deep in our limbic system. Can I get a "No Way!" WAY!
9. Has a campaign ever swayed your vote?
Sure. When they outline plans and visions for what could be or should be.
10. Do you pay attention to who placed/paid for the ad?
Indeed. Quote N.W.A. "Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money"
Bonus: Select all that you agree with, select as many or as few as you like.
a. U.S. Presidential campaign lasts way too long
Since the 1980's when we stopped being citizens and became consumers, our nations salespeople know the rule. A.B.C. (Always Be Campaigning) Please make it stop already.
b. U.S. candidates for President waste a lot of money c. 2016 U.S. Presidential Race is a steaming pile of poo!
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!